Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Good Heavens....

....here it is June 18, 2013, and I think it's high time I posted again!  I don't have anything of great import to say, so I guess I'll just say it anyway.  What?!?!

Here's a nice picture I found and it's followed by a nice Irish wish:


"May your heart be warm and happy, 
with the lilt of Irish laughter, 
every day in every way, 
and forever and ever after."

I'm sitting here listening to Eric Clapton.  The album is called Clapton Chronicles, and it's pretty darn good.  Well, it IS Clapton.



I'm still off the Diet Coke.  I had been going to Starbuck's and getting myself an iced mocha, but I've come up with my own recipe, so I prepare it at night and put it in the refrigerator, then in the morning I put it in a suitable container over ice and head on out to work.  That's usually the only caffeine I have on any given day, but that gives me some leeway to have more if I'm in the mood.

I've also been going to the YMCA, which is just up the road a piece from our house.  I get up at 5:00 am and usually get there by 5:40.  I do as much as I can stand (I'm still working on building up stamina) and then I go home and have some protein, usually yogurt.  At that time of day, I usually have the place to myself, at least the women's area.  I had to run a man out of there the other day.  He missed the sign that says "Women Only Area."  He seemed to be both pissed and embarrassed.  He should pay attention to what's going on.

In case you didn't know, I'm an Atlanta Braves fan.  I watch them play at every chance.  Last night they were still in a rain delay when it was time for me to go to bed.  Maybe Atlanta won't get rain tonight.  They're still number 1 in the NL East.  It sure would be nice to see them in the Series again.



The picture below is here just because I like it.  I don't know if it's a photograph or a painting.  But it's nice.  It's even better when it's bigger and also my desktop wallpaper.



I think I may have to start posting a few recipes.  I have some good ones that my family passed down to me, some that I've found elsewhere and tweaked a little to suit me.  Next time.


Well that's all the rambling I can do today.

I hope everybody has a lovely day, week, month, year, lifetime...


1 comment:

Bridget said...

I was with you until you got to the Braves. :-) But I really can't criticize, since at least your team is winning!

Yes, I love to see others' recipes. I used to post the occasional one, but lately I am in a rut and don't make anything too involved. I need to get my act together again.

Good for you with your exercise! I get up at 5 every morning, but since we got a dog, it's to walk him. Which is not really much exercise, since he goes veeeryyyy slowly. I'm thinking I need to try 4:30 a couple of days a week, walk him and then go to the gym. We'll see ...